Wednesday 18 November 2009

Yellow Wednesday

I used to think that yellow, like orange was a colour that I couldn't really pull off. It always brought out the extremely pale undertones in my skin, with a hint of yellow - the overall effect was I looked Jaundiced. I'm still not totally sure on orange, but for every other colour out there, I'm certain there's a shade that suits me. Black near my face is never a good plan (it totally washes me out, even if I'm wearing makeup), whereas dark, charcoal grey is infinitely better. It's the same with yellow - no bright canary yellow is ever going to suit me - my complexion isn't strong enough to pull it off. However, this lemon yellow dress, broken up further by the pattern, is a great look for me. I still don't like to wear it too near my face, so I tend to wear it with t-shirts and scarves of differing colours.
Today's outfit is probably my favourite so far - even if I can only wear it in the house! Sadly the British weather in November does not allow me to wear this lovely summerdress outdoors, but it makes me feel very summery to wear it inside!
Dress: Fenwick
T-shirt: Threadless.com
scarf: Dorothy Perkins
bag: M&S
shoes: New look
Today I was at work again (boo) but now I'm home, I plan to have a lovely bubble bath! Tonight I am going to a gig to see one of my favourite folk bands - Spiers and Boden. http://www.myspace.com/spiersandboden check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment