Friday 20 January 2012

Baby knitting

While I am an avid knitter, I have never really understood the hype surrounding knitted baby clothes. Yes, they're cute and small, but some of them are also just hideous. Not to mention, a LOT of the knitting market seems to be aimed at those with babies in mind. But mostly, I have just found "baby knits" kind of dull - I don't really have any babies around me at all in my day-to-day life, the colours are always boring pastels (don't get me wrong, I love pastels, but in moderation people) and often the patterns themselves are really dated or just plain boring. However, perhaps due to the fact that several people I know are all pregnant at the same time (congrats Louise, Amelia, Helen and Alice!) I have become more interested in baby knits... particularly when I spotted these books on amazon...

 How sweet are they? I love the teeny tiny baby feet in the little striped socks ^^
Might need to get one of these (although perhaps "need" is a strong word) to make cute little socks and suchlike for all the bairns that will no doubt be running about soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment