Thursday 5 July 2012

Teacups adventure at Crook Hall


Well.
I think I've found where I want to get married...

We had a gig at the beautiful Crook Hall in Durham yesterday, and I have never found a place more enchanting! Every time I turned a corner I found more to love - secret walled garden! Moat! Attic room with giant, gilt-framed mirrors! Bandstand! Hedge maze! Courtyard! Roaring log fires! Beautiful antique tea-sets! Old books! 

I found it a little hard to concentrate on the actual gig...

However, it went very well, and people seemed to enjoy themselves. We ended up playing in the great hall (we were going to be in the bandstand (which I was later informed is actually a "wedding gazebo") but it started raining lots), which was all built of stone and had the most lovely acoustics. 
I'm in love...
 

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence, Swing Bridge sang at a wedding there on Saturday! (I was invited back, I don't just show up to pretend I'm 18 again :P) It was such a beautiful wedding - there were paper cranes hanging all over the walls, and her dress was the closest I've ever seen to perfect. I'd have to agree with you that it's an amazing wedding venue.

    Did you do the maze? We didn't really get a chance to explore, but it looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The maze was pretty fun, although Will started chasing me around it at one point in a pac man fashion, which actually freaked me out quite a lot!
      Sounds like a lovely gig xx

      Delete