Monday 13 August 2012

Favourite things: Sarah

Hey, time for another set of favourite things! I am a massive fan of these posts - I end up finding so many new things through them! Today we have...

Sarah
Age: 19
Occupation: Stalling for time

Book
Mostly anything by Nick Hornby, but trying to wean myself off him and venture elsewhere in the literary world... I just finished Douglas Coupland's The Gum Thief this morning which was incredible, with the relationship between Roger and Bethany striking me very similar to Seymour and Enid in the film adaptation of Daniel Clowes' Ghost World, which is a brilliant segway to..
My top 5 books currently... 1. High Fidelity - Nick Hornby, 2. Ghost World - Daniel Clowes, 3. The Rotter's Club - Jonathon Coe, 4.The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath, 5. Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk

Film
In a nutshell...Kevin Smith/Studio Ghibli/Coen Brothers/Jason Reitman
 
Breakfast
Anything involving bananas and/or marmite! Banana and marmite toasted sandwiches, banana pancakes with marmite, if I'm feeling a little less racy perhaps just toast with bananas, or toast with marmite.

Song/artist
I love Tom Waits to bits, and my Dad bought me Closing Time for my birthday which absolutely broke my heart, especially Martha and I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You. Lovely lovely lovely. When I'm not being so soppy, I can't get enough of Le Tigre, or JD Samson's brilliant new project MEN. Lots of great electric lady dance music
 
Drink
Morgan's Spiced with Diet Coke, or Desperados with a big hunk of lime if I'm at the pub, but I mostly just drink litres and litres of water during the day.

Internet time-waster
blogsblogsblogs. Tumblr is my new favourite thing - http://birdatron.tumblr.com/archive/ gone slightly off the boil recently, but hunting down some nice new things...I also can't get enough of the fantastice feminist blog The Vagenda - http://vagendamag.blogspot.co.uk/ - super smart, and super funny. Well worth a read.
Piece of clothing
My ultimate LBD - an incredibly comfy jumper dress I bought in the H&M sale on a whim about 5 years ago, and is my go-to piece. Whack on some tights, boots, and I'm set
Board game
Articulate! ARTICULATE! I am hooked. My first New Year's of legal drinking age, I spent at home with some friends, beers, and Articulate and it was the best. Lots of frantic hand flapping and shouting...
 
Sleeping position
starfish, belly down...it's a wonder why I'm single!
Your best things in life
libraries, museums, galleries, cookie dough, knitting, friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment