Friday 10 August 2012

Summer frolics at Warwick

Another update of Teacup adventures! 
A couple of weeks ago, we all went to perform at Warwick folk festival - and had quite the fun long weekend! 
So far, Warwick is definitely my favourite festival to visit as a performer - they looked after us so well. At a surprising number of festivals, the "organizers" don't know the answers to your questions, they act as though you're lucky to be there, don't tell you important details etc etc. However, at Warwick, everyone we talked to knew what the score was, and were super friendly and accommodating. Not to mention we got put up in the dorms of a private school instead of having to camp, AND got free breakfast every morning! (Not that I mind camping at all, I LOVE camping, it's just not the easiest for me to feel pretty on stage when I have crumpled clothes and ma-hoo-ssive fluffy hair)





Something I always notice about folk festivals is that they seem to be in the loveliest little towns and areas around the countryside - this one had boats on a river that you could hire! So we did.
We also got to perform in quite a few different locations - this was a lecture theatre that we sung and also answered questions in, as we were doing a "meet the teacups" hours. We also performed in this lovely tea-shop in the town...


... which resulted in the inevitable cream teas.

I also got a super pretty henna tattoo! The lady who did it for me told me all about how she does henna parties for Indian brides and does designs all over the bride's arms, and then smaller tattoos for all the women in the bridal party. Phew! So pretty though - and it smelt gorgeous!


Three festivals down, one to go - bring it, Whitby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment