Thursday 24 May 2012

In which Rosie hosts a brithday dinner, consumes large amounts of garlic and goes out for cocktails

As a birthday present for my mum, I made her a voucher that said "One meal of your choice cooked for you by TEAM AWESOME (aka Rosie and Will), and she decided to cash in it yesterday with a request for Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic.
 
 What a great request! Also one of my favorite gifts I have ever given - participatory presents are totally the way to go.

 I had forgotten how amazing tarragon smells... mmm

What a gorgeous meal - definitely making that one again. As we're drawing to a close on exam season - thank goodness - we decided to go and see 'Dark Shadows' and get a couple of drinks this evening. Despite normally being a big fan of Burton/Depp/Elfman/Bonham-Carter silliness, the film was pretty disappointing - we sort of lost track of who's side we were supposed to be on and it generally felt as though there were too many balls in the air...
However, the cocktails which followed (at Popolo's - possibly a dateland post to follow) were marvelous! 
I'm a massive sucker for quirky drinks glasses, so I was utterly delighted by this - it had a name which was something to do with jam and tasted amazing...
 

2 comments:

  1. If I could, I would put garlic in every meal :).

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Garlic pretty much makes an appearance in all my meals...
      Following each other would be lovely! Yes please

      Delete