Wednesday 9 May 2012

In which Rosie is grateful for her lovely life


So I've had a hard time over the last couple of days.

Uni deadlines and recitals are bearing down on me, my landlady has had an offer on this flat, there have been late work shifts and stressful gig situations, I'm stewarding at 2 festivals on the weekends, and haven't really slept well at all over the last week. This has all conspired to make me exhausted and emotionally on edge - I cried for about ten minutes today when Will was a little bit short with me. In other words, FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.


However, I got in today and found that my band (The Teacups) had the most lovely write-up and it made me think of how lovely my life is and how well everything is going for me.

  So I thought now would be as good a time as ever for a cheesy gratitude list.


Things I am grateful for:


  • My band are doing well - it's so gratifying to be good at something I love doing
 
  • I get to live in a lovely flat with an awesome flatmate
 
  • This guy

  • My wonderful, ever-expanding family

  • Food - that I have enough to eat, that I can experiment with it, that it is so diverse and amazing

  • Lovely friends - you are always there when I need you, and when I just want you - which is just as important. The friends who hang out with you when you're happy are just as special as the ones who cheer you up when you're down.

  • Access to borrowed money to pay for my further education - seriously. I mean everyone complains about how it's terrible that we have to pay tuition fees and everything, but I feel so lucky that this kind of an education is even an option.

  • Hot water. I know that sounds like a stupid thing to be grateful for, but it is the one accepted mod con that I have to pinch myself about every now and then - showers are such an incredibly luxury! It took me forever to realize this, but there is literally nothing better...
 
  •  That I have pretty things in my life - I can look around this room and see 5 things that instantly make me smile. 

I wouldn't be surprised if another list pops up before long, it can be hard to stop once you've started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment